Join our team! The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust is hiring a six-person Restoration Crew for the 2020 field season. The Restoration Crew Assistant Lead is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the seasonal crew consisting of one Lead, one Assistant Crew Lead and four Crew Members. The Assistant Lead will help with overseeing manual, chemical and mechanical invasive weed control; noxious weed surveys using GPS mobile applications; site maintenance and plant establishment; monitoring of project successes, and maintenance of existing project sites.
Fill Out The Form.
Join Us in The Nursery!
- Ability to work independently and with a team to plan and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately track and report on project metrics, activities, and accomplishments.
- An aptitude for problem solving, flexibility, and adaptability, and an ability to represent the program in a professional manner.
- Strong interest in ecological restoration and public land or natural resources management.
- At least one season of experience with pesticide application.
- At least one season of ecological restoration field experience.
- Strong plant identification skills, with ability to learn Pacific
- Northwest native and invasive plants and educate others on proper identification.
- Experience in proper use of hand tools and conducting routine maintenance of tools such as backpack sprayers, EZ Ject lances, brushcutters, and other standard restoration equipment.
- Ability to work long days wearing a 30-pound backpack and applying herbicide to targeted invasive plant species.